Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: please help please help!! how do you edit super 8?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member xanthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    please someone please.
    i am an art student, and i have a deadline soooooooon. and i need to hand in some work i did on super 8 film, only i do not know how to edit it to make a loop that is between one and two minutes long. and i cant find any instructions anywhere. please help me! either reply on here, or email me at [email protected] i hope to hear from anybody. soon. thank you thank you. xanthe x

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AppleCore24's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The easiest way to edit your original reversal footage is to buy an editor/viewer off of ebay. Assuming you are shooting silent, the cheapest solution that will still give you quality is the Baia editor/viewer that punches small holes in the film. You will then use a splicer (this time the cheapest, but sadly very low quality, is the Kodak splicer which can also be found on ebay) to cut the film after the hole and splice it with your next piece of footage.

    I do most of my editing on video, and only have three super8 films which I actually hand-edited. I used a kodak splicer, and after alot of work I have gotten most of my splices to be basically invisible. lots of work, but its inexpensive and being able to project your image with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background kicks some serious flounder.

    I'm sure there is alot of other advice you will get, but if for some reason you don't, email me at [email protected] with any specific questions you may have. I'll do my best to answer, and if I can't I'll have somebody who can email you.

    Happy Splicing!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    So are you having success?

    -Alex

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sorry. Is this an editing question, or a question on about how to make a film loop? It looked like a question about how to make your film loop over and over again. I don't think it's really an editing issue as it is getting a Super 8mm projector that uses looping Super 8mm cartridges. Or perhaps I'm wrong.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member xanthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    thanks. but it was for LOOPING the film, but it doesnt matter. i tied bits of wood, and other found items to the projector, and it ended up working......urrrrrr not too badley! anyway, thanks for the help on editing, i'm planning to use the process for more art work soon, so i'll hopefully know more about editing next time!


  6. #6
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I might be doing some music/noise/film project with a friend at a club in the next few months.

    What is the best way to do a film loop without ruining the projector? I vaguely seem to recall it written up on one of the S-8 pages but I can't recall where...

  7. #7
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Elmo once offered a loop unit for up to 400 ft of film. It was to be fixed on the top of a projector.
    Pedro

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •